Programs for Children and Families
Programs on hold until further notice
However, here are some online resources to help families hunkering down at home.
More e-book resources:
www.TumbleBookLibrary.com - available on our catalog main page
· An online calendar of KidLit events 3, including schedules for creators reading from their own work/sharing things online:
· Reading Connects Us: A newsletter about virtual learning that is full of links to lessons, things authors are sharing, etc.
· Picture Book Read Alouds 3 - this is made up of authors reading their own work, including a list from the Indianapolis Public Library with over 100 titles, and titles in other languages.
· Read, Wonder, and Learn 2 - this is a lot of authors sharing lessons, excerpts, etc from their books.
· Authors Everywhere 3 - A YouTube channel with authors sharing their books and work
· Scholastic’s Learn at Home 2 - Daily lesson plans that include books from Weston Woods, activities, and more
· Jarrett Lerner’s Activities Page 3 lots of print outs/activities that encourage creativity and story creation
It's possible some of the links below are duplicates of the above, but we know a lot of you are desperate for youth content, academically and otherwise. And it is wise to note that some of these have both free and pay content, so use with care.
Academic Resources Being made freely available
ABC Mouse (PreK-2nd)
Adventure Academy (3rd-8th)
PBS Learning Media https://nm.pbslearningmedia.org/
Imagineering in a Box - Khan Academy (6th-12th)
The Vista Grande Public Library is dedicated to providing quality programs to the children and families of our community. We offer a variety of programs for children and families.
Grades K to 3
Grades 4 to 5
Teens and Families
Find more information about all our kid programs and many for adults in the most recent Bookworms, our newsletter for children and families.