top of page
what-we-offer.jpg

Your Community Library - What We Offer

Books of all kinds: hard back, paperback, large print, audio and digital Electronic Resources

Music CDs and DVDs, movie, program and documentary DVDs

Apple MAC and Microsoft PC computers; printing and copying services

iPods, telescopes, microscopes, baking pans, and puzzles - lots of puzzles!

Adult, youth and children's programs and offerings

Special Community Events

Art exhibitions - and so much more!

VGPL Current Events

Smokey Bear Reading Challenge: See Children's Program Page for information on this fun challenge, or visit our Beanstack page.

Family Movie Night: Friday: April 19, 6:30. Wish, rated PG. Join us for popcorn and juice, put your children in pajamas and bring a cushion or blanket. Free admission.

Landowners Protecting Pinon Jays: Saturday, April 20, 1:00 pm. Free presentation by Peggy Darr, New Mexico Representative for Defenders of Wildlife. Pinon Jays are critical for the future survival of Pinon Pines and you can help. 

Trivia Night @ Eldorado Santa Fe Brewing Taproom has returned. Join in the fun every 4th Monday of the month through the summer. Next Game: Mon, April 22, 7pm. Entry is $10 per person.

 

April is National Poetry Month: Friday, April 26, 5:30 - 7:30 pm.  Eldorado will celebrate by honoring N. Scott Momaday. The event will feature five Native American poets sharing their work. 

Pollinators and Honeybees in Eldorado, Saturday, April 27, 2024. Learn about the area's pollinators and how to keep honeybees in your own backyard. Join Ken Bower, a longtime Eldorado gardener and beekeeper, for tips and information. 

 

Spring Book Sale May 9-11, 2024 . Save the date for our Spring Book Sale! For additional information, please see our Spring Book Sale page. 

Toddler Story Time: Thursdays, 10:30 am.

Early Literacy Calendars: Care givers of young children can use these monthly calendars to get tips on raising a successful reader. See the Children's Programs page.

Volunteers Needed, Donations Accepted!

As a Nonprofit 501c3, VGPL is an independent library with 40+ volunteers contributing 5,000+ hours annually in support of circulation, cataloging, inventory management, fundraisers, and various patron programs for all ages. Volunteers are always needed! And while approximately 40% of the library's facility and financial support is provided by Santa Fe County, the New Mexico State Library Association, and grants, the remaining 60% of our annual operating budget depends upon the community's generous donations through our Annual Appeals, legacy gifts, contributions to our Invested Funds, various fundraisers, book and audio/visual collection donations, and our Amazon Collection Wish List. Your donations support daily operations, library programs, collections, and special events and ensure our future. For more information on how you can make a difference, please visit our "Support Us" page, or donate financially one time or monthly through PayPal using the following links. 

VGPL News

  • Follow VGPL on Instagram
  • VGPL Facebook Page

Library Electronic Resources:

Did you know our Library Catalogs include numerous Electronic Resources? Select our Library catalog menu above and choose from:

  • Libby - New Mexico's Library To-Go option for digital books and audio recordings

  • El Portal - a database collection of newspapers, journal articles, magazines and reference materials

  • Project Gutenberg - free collection of over 30,000 eBooks

  • LibriVox - public domain literature recordings

  • Geni - genealogy database (GeniPro in library only)

  • Learning Express - use to review skills and prepare for tests

 

Monthly Board Meeting: 

The next monthly Board Meeting is Monday, May 20 @ 5:30pm.  Open to the public.

Click here for the agenda, when available. For additional information, contact Jim Zebora at vgpl.president@vglibrary.org

bottom of page