The Vista Grande Public Library is staffed by a full-time staff Library Director, a part-time Library Assistant and a volunteer corps of more than 40 people who love the library. These dedicated volunteers enjoy interacting with the patrons and helping promote the library.
The areas of volunteer opportunities include:
- Circulation Desk – greet patrons, process check-ins and check-outs, shelve books
- Children’s programs – assisting the After School Reading Program coordinator, the Story Time coordinator and the Summer Reading Program coordinator
- Teen/Adult programs -- creating or assisting with programs for teens and grown-ups
- Cataloging - processing purchased and donated materials into the collection
- Book Donation Day - assisting with intake and processing of donated materials on monthly donation day
- Special Events – fundraising events such as Summer Fling Ice Cream Social/Silent Auction and book sales
- Technical support – join the committee that oversees the updating of all computers in the library and plans for system enhancements
- Shelf Reading – checking the shelves to make sure the books are in the correct place
- Library Committees - assisting Library Director/Library Board with organizing, coordinating, fundraising, communication and more
- And more!
Volunteer meetings for training and updates are held several times a year with the Library Director.
If you have some time to spare and would like to become involved with the library, please contact us for more information. A Volunteer Application is available to download (at right) or at the Circulation Desk. For more information, please call 466-7323 to speak with the Library Director.
Content Last Updated 2/24/2017