For those who want to make a financial contribution to the Library, we offer several alternatives:
Annual Donor Appeal supports the library’s daily operations.
Sustaining Funds build interest which helps sustain the library’s future.
- Make an online donation to VGPL using our secure form and your Discover, Visa or MasterCard. Just click the Donate Now! button at right. Give once, several times a year or plan a donation each month.
- Print a donation form (PDF, Fillable PDF) and mail with your check.
- Find out if your employer matches donations of current or retired employees. Among the companies currently matching gifts to VGPL are ADP, Caterpillar Foundation, IBM Matching Grants Program, Merck Foundation, Reynolds American Foundation, and UBS Matching Gift Program.
Ongoing Fundraisers are a fun and easy way to help the library keep the doors open.
- Donate to VGPL's future with a gift to our Sustaining Fund. Use the Donate Now button at right or send a check to the library; be sure to mark your gift "Sustaining Fund."
Consider making a legacy gift to ensure VGPL’s future. There are many options for making such gifts:
- Purchase books and videos from our for-sale shelves and at our twice-a-year book sales
- Make your Amazon purchases by going through the Vista Grande Library website first. All your purchases are confidential and Amazon sends a donation of 4-6% of your purchase price back to the library. Click the Amazon button at right and see how easy it is.
- Purchase tickets for the summer ice cream social and shop the silent auction there.
- Make a gift as part of your Estate Planning, either a dollar amount or a percentage of your estate.
- Set up a Charitable Remainder Trust; you use these assets during your lifetime.
- Set up a Charitable Lead Trust; in this option VGPL receives a yearly income for a specified period of time and then the assets return to you or your designated beneficiaries.
- Give a gift of real property now. If desired, you may retain use of the property during your lifetime.
- Make VGPL the beneficiary of a life insurance policy, or transfer a paid-up policy to VGPL.
- Name VGPL as the beneficiary of an IRA or other retirement plan assets.
- Make a donation from your IRA account. People age 70½ and older can transfer up to $100,000 of IRA assets to public charities, including your library, without triggering federal income taxes today or estate tax in the future. Spouses are also eligible for the tax-free IRA transfer.
- Donate stock or other property.
A legacy gift may offer significant tax benefits to you now and to your estate in the future. Please consult your financial advisor on how these benefits may apply to your particular situation.
Content Last Updated 9/22/2016